Integrating, aligning, and combining marketing efforts with email marketing programs helps enrich content and boost engagement with your audience. What’s important is knowing what type of marketing is worth leveraging into your emails, as well as understanding how to combine them.
This post will touch on integrating your branding, social media, and SEO into your email marketing program.
Branding your email program
Branding is a key to creating instant recognition with your audience and cultivating a sense of familiarity that gives them a feeling of connectedness. Building strong brand recognition will strengthen your relationship with your audience and have them coming back to your organization even when your competitors might be easier or more convenient for them.
Branding your emails, including your transactional emails, will give you a chance to reemphasize and confirm your brand identity in the minds of your biggest fans.
When building your email program, you should ensure that your email templates always contain your creative elements, such as your logos, brand colors, and fonts. Additionally, your emails should always use the same fonts and colors as your brick-and-mortar stores, your ads, and even your website. The more places you can utilize your branding elements, the more repetition will solidify your brand reputation in your audience’s mind.
When building your email program, consider the following 4 branding questions:
- Do the fonts, colors, call to action, and layout match those of the business?
- Is the logo being used correctly?
- Are the company details clearly displayed?
- Does the email message contain a personal signature or the company name?
Integrating social media into your email marketing
Digital marketing works best when your various channels and platforms work together to deliver a holistic brand experience. The more cohesive your digital marketing channels are, the more opportunities you gain to further your connection with your audience and unify your messaging.
The key to this holistic approach is using social media and email marketing in tandem. 3 ideas you can use to incorporate social media into your email marketing would be:
- Introduce custom hashtags online to generate user-generated content (UGC) that can be used across your website, social platforms, and email.
- Promote subscriptions online across channels to grow your email subscriber list.
- Feature social content from your social media followers in your emails to encourage conversions.
The opportunities and benefits from these approaches are endless. Testing the different approaches to see what best resonates with your audience and leads to increased engagement/conversions will help unify your overall brand experience.
Aligning your SEO strategies with your email marketing
SEO and email marketing share the same foundational goals of building brand awareness and generating leads, so when used together, it amplifies the possibilities to accomplish those goals. SEO might not directly impact email marketing and vice-versa. However, when you implement certain SEO methods into email marketing so that they can work together towards a single goal, then improved brand awareness and lead conversions can occur.
The 5 best ways to use your email marketing and SEO strategies to drive results would be as follows:
- Align your keywords and phrases by using relevant industry-related keywords in the main body of the email and creating an attractive, readable layout.
- Add UTM parameters to links in your emails to monitor traffic sources, track month-over-month improvements, and evaluate what type of email marketing campaigns are working.
- Recycle your emails into blogs so Google can index them, and your email campaigns will have a positive impact on your website’s rankings.
- Archive and canonicalize your emails by adding a canonical tag to your newsletters that points towards your blog page.
- Encourage engagement and link sharing by directing your email audience to pages that allow commenting and link sharing via social media platforms.
Related: See our SEO and email marketing post that elaborate on these 5 methods.
For the same amount of investment and working hours, you can get twice the amount of coverage and increase your chances of ranking higher in Google by implementing these methods.
Related: Use our email marketing benchmark tool to see the scores for your industry.